04 January 2011

New Year... No Excuses

The new year is here and with that everyone makes resolutions. Most resolution are to lose weight, eat healthier or workout more. Mine is simply to make no more excuses. My biggest excuse for my body is that i've had a kid- that all of this would be so much easier if i never did. Before i had a baby i weighed 105 lbs, could eat whatever i wanted and not gain an ounce. But the fact of the matter is that i DID have a kid, i DID gain the weight and this is how my body is now. Since i hate it, i have to change it- simple as that!

Going back to everyone else's resolutions- no excuses can go a long way. "I'm too tired to go to the gym today" GO ANYWAYS! "I have no appetite to eat what i should" EAT IT ANYWAYS... the reason most people fail at their resolutions is because they make excuses, fall back into their old habits and give up.

I had an ex that gave me the best advice of my life.. i use it all the time to this day- and remembering it helped me get back on track for my fitness plan and goals. He told me "Reese- you can't take over the world all at once, you have to take one country at a time. Start with the little ones, move your way to the big ones, and eventually you've conquered it all. Its the same thing with your goals. Start slow and small cut out sugar or soda first... then watch your calories.. slowly add in your workouts and make new habits for yourself. Its the only way to succeed.

11 weeks til the competition- time to have a completely clean diet, cardio every day and solid effort on every lift i do! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment